Bilingual.hu Family Day – 16 September 2017
Bilingual.hu Family Day
Saturday, 16 September 2017, 9:30-12:30
Location: KOBUCI Kert
1033 Budapest, Fő tér 1.
(In case of rain: Krúdy Gyula Angol-Magyar Két Tanítási Nyelvű
Általános Iskola,1037 Budapest, Gyógyszergyár u. 22-24.)
We would like to invite children studying in our Bilingual.hu Program and their families to the Bilingual.hu Family Day – so that teachers, parents, and children can get to know each other better.
- Building on the international success of our Bilingual.hu Green Team, our native English teachers will be on site leading environmentally themed games for children and families.
- Those who complete the tasks at each station will earn a gift.
- Check out our Family Day Staff Band on stage performing some popular tunes.
- Visit the community art project display on site, to which every participating child can add a piece (prepared in advance with the help of our native English teachers at the kindergartens and schools).
- Browse books for children of all ages at the English language book stand.
- Talk to our alumni about high school education at our partner high schools’ booths
What is the Silent Auction and what items can you bid on this year?
- A Silent Auction is a type of auction where bids are made in writing (without an auctioneer), using your own name or a nickname (e.g. a superhero).
- We will be auctioning off some favorite objects donated by our native English teachers.
- Bids can be made by individuals or groups, including a whole class.
- The bidder will indicate the object the bid is for, as well as to which class the funds would be pledged.
- Proceeds from the Silent Auction will be directed to the indicated class, where the Main Class Teacher will help decide on an environmentally themed activity to which the funds will be allocated (e.g. visiting a wind turbine).
- Bidding will end at 11:30am.
- The three highest bids (amounts) will be announced at the end of the event.
How to register:
Please RSVP through the link sent via e-mail.
Parking is available a few minutes’ walk from the venue (e.g. at Miklós tér).
The venue will have food and drink options available during the event.